I’m so spineless…I wanted to see you one more time.
And if I had to go so far as to betray that wish…Yes, I knew I could shoulder any sin.
No matter what I became, I knew I’d be fine with it.
As long as I could have you by my side.
mike mignola pins
In the civilizations I have created there is meaning in motion. As form flows through space in time, expression evolves and stories are told. Imprinted in light, they reverberate and slowly distort originating sources into unique spheres of conception. These echoes underlie the foundations of physics and emerge as new architectures like blades of grass from vast plains and fields.
LOVELY CROCHET BLANKET ♥
I’m dying for a pair of these literary shoes. I especially love those romance novel pumps! Tres chic!
Following my own advice
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page
OK WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SOMEONE’S NYCC FAN PHOTO
DID THEY PAY $250 AND SAY OK GUYS I JUST WANT YOU TO HUG AND I’LL WATCH I DON’T NEED TO BE IN IT AND THEY’RE JUST LIKE SURE OK
HOLY CRAP IT’S THE SIMS IN REAL LIFE
NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL
as if this day were not enough for me
this fandom is the strangest group of people i have ever met paying two grown ass adults to hug for a picture and it’s the most awkward photo i’ve ever seen look at the fear and horror on their goddamn faces like they’re looking str8 into the mouth of evil or some shit like i have to wonder what is going on psychologically or something like some weird hyperprojection or hyperlibidinal identification with these two parental-esque figures this is weird this is so weird i need to shower